Imagery Analysis in ArcGIS Pro
Transform pixels into information.
Workflows and considerations to display, process, and create derived raster products using ArcGIS Pro, Image Analyst and Spatial Analyst extensions are covered. You will explore common imagery applications, including disaster recovery, damage assessment, and forest canopy assessment.
Continuing professional development (CPD) is an integral part of applying for and maintaining Chartered Geographer accreditation. Attendance of this course will provide the attendee with 10 CPD points. Click here to find out more.
14th March 2024 – 15th March 2024, 24th June 2024 – 25th June 2024
- Rasters: What is remote sensing, rasters in ArcGIS Pro sensor resolutions, the electromagnetic spectrum, band combinations applied.
- Raster functions: What are raster functions, benefits of raster functions, consider raster function parameters, types of raster functions.
- Raster function templates: What are raster function templates, raster function template components, evaluate a raster function template, benefits of using raster function templates, raster functions used in raster products.
- Change detection with raster functions: Change detection types, choosing types of change detection, preprocessing methods for change detection, discovering change with the change detection wizard, pixel value change detection workflow.
- Image classification techniques: Defining image classification, describing image classification outputs, image classification types, image classification methods, choosing image classification techniques.
- Classification workflows: Unsupervised image classification workflow, supervised image classification workflow, classifying a raster with the image classification wizard.
- Segmentation: What is segmentation, segmentation parameters, segmentation parameter exploration.
- Training the classifier: Training sample considerations, types of image classification algorithms.
- Classification evaluation: Pixel editor functionality, compare pixel editor operations, post-processing classification results.
Esri will provide the following software to use during class:
- ArcGIS Pro 3.x (Standard or Advanced).
- ArcGIS Image Analyst.
- ArcGIS Spatial Analyst.