ArcGIS Pro 2 – Essential Workflows for ArcGIS Pro
Extend your foundational GIS knowledge, get comfortable with the ArcGIS Pro application, and explore some of the most common GIS workflows. This course introduces techniques and general best practices to map, manage, analyze, and share data and other GIS resources. Hands-on exercises will give you the experience needed to efficiently work with ArcGIS Pro.
NOTE: Attendance of either our Introduction to ArcGIS Pro for Newcomers or for GIS Professionals or Migrating from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro courses are the pre-requisite knowledge for attending this course. If you have not attended either of these courses, in order for you (and the other delegates on this course) to get the most from this training it will be assumed that you have the level of knowledge shown below. If you cannot do these tasks then you must attend the one of our Introduction to ArcGIS Pro courses first:
- Understand the ArcGIS Pro ribbon user interface
- Create a map; add layers and perform basic symbolising
- Query layers and find information in your portal
- Understand how to find and run a geoprocessing tool
- Perform basic editing
- Know how to create a layout
- Share your content
Continuing professional development (CPD) is an integral part of applying for and maintaining Chartered Geographer accreditation. Attendance of this course will provide the attendee with 8 CPD points. Click here to find out more
18th December 2023 – 19th December 2023, 22nd January 2024 – 23rd January 2024, 19th February 2024 – 20th February 2024, 19th March 2024 – 20th March 2024, 22nd April 2024 – 23rd April 2024, 30th May 2024 – 31st May 2024, 27th June 2024 – 28th June 2024
- Working with spatial reference: Shape of the earth, datums, setting vertical datums, two types of coordinate systems, add a layer to a map, examine the coordinate system of a layer, enable the geographic transformation warning, apply a geographic transformation, map projections, distortion and spatial properties, game of distortions, UTM and national coordinate systems.
- Managing imagery in ArcGIS Pro: The image data model, the mosaic dataset, image functions and function chain, managing and enhancing the mosaic dataset.
- Relating tabular data: Associating tables, cardinality, joins, relates, creating a relate, types of spatial join, introducing geodatabase relationships.
- Create features from tabular data: Ways to create points from tabular data, adding x,y event data, convert event data into the geodatabase, geocoding addresses, geocoding steps, address locators, consume online locator in ArcGIS Online.
- Working with selections: The list by selection tab, selecting features interactively, selecting features based upon spatial location or by attributes, relational and logical operators.
- Advanced symbology techniques: Styles, graphs and charts, infographics, display filters, symbolise by quantities, symbolise by density, symbolise by attributes.
- Adding text to the map: Label classes, explore attributes, create label classes, set scale dependencies on label classes, geodatabase annotation feature classes, standard or feature linked annotation, feature-linked annotation, convert labels to annotation.
- Performing advanced editing: Editing in ArcGIS Pro, an overview of the edit tab, working with topology editing tools and validation, 3D editing, modify annotations, create new annotations.
- Advanced layouts: Layout templates, grids and graticules, reshaping your layout, creating a map series.
This course is aimed at those who have prior ArcGIS Pro experience who have attended EITHER of the following courses:
- An Introduction to ArcGIS Pro for GIS Newcomers
- An Introduction to ArcGIS Pro with GIS Professionals OR Migrating from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro
Or have equivalent working knowledge.