ArcGIS Enterprise: Configuring a Base Deployment
Enable Web GIS workflows throughout your organisation.
Learn how to install and configure an ArcGIS Enterprise base deployment to enable individuals to securely access, create, and share geospatial resources to boost collaboration and gain location-based insights. You will learn how to license and install the four software components of a base deployment and ensure system security and performance.
Continuing professional development (CPD) is an integral part of applying for and maintaining Chartered Geographer accreditation. Attendance of this course will provide the attendee with 10 CPD points. Click here to find out more
11th March 2024 – 12th March 2024, 13th June 2024 – 14th June 2024
- ArcGIS Enterprise overview: What is ArcGIS Enterprise, what can ArcGIS Enterprise do, explain the components of the base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment, describe base deployment prerequisites and considerations, how is a base deployment set up, how do you automate a base deployment setup?
- Configuring a secure environment: Identify component communication, HTTPS encryption.
- Setting up a portal: Portal for ArcGIS installation overview, portal for ArcGIS account, HTTPS communication, ArcGIS Web Adaptor.
- Setting up a GIS server: ArcGIS Server installation overview, explore the ArcGIS Server installation, ArcGIS Server directories and configuration store, choosing the optimal location for ArcGIS Server directories and the configuration store, federation, migrating from a stand-alone server.
- Managing GIS resources: ArcGIS Data Store, setting up ArcGIS Data Store, configuring the hosting server, defining web layers, associate web layers with GIS resources, data registration, registering data with ArcGIS Server.
- Securing a base deployment: Understanding identity stores, configuring portal authentication, choosing an authentication method, setting up an enterprise identity store.
- Managing users and groups: Sharing portal content, levels of sharing, user types, user roles, choosing an appropriate user type and role, integrating groups from your IT-managed security store.
- Managing a base deployment: Customising your portal UI with ArcGIS Site, system administrative notifications, using notifications, clone group content between Enterprise portals.
Completion of Sharing GIS Content using ArcGIS or equivalent working knowledge.
“Very educational and inspirational. Clear, concise, knowledgeable. Always patient in giving answers.”
Corrado – Ecology consultancy
Esri UK will provide the following software to use during class:
ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 (Standard or Advanced)