Creating and Editing Data with ArcGIS Pro
Maintain the accuracy of your authoritative GIS data.
This course teaches best practices to create accurate geographic data and maintain it over time. You will get ample hands-on practice with a variety of ArcGIS Pro tools that streamline the editing process and decrease the potential for errors when updating your GIS database.
For UK courses we have added a 4-step project using UK data that you will develop during the course to reinforce your learning. This will give you extra ‘hands on’ experience.
Continuing professional development (CPD) is an integral part of applying for and maintaining Chartered Geographer accreditation. Attendance of this course will provide the attendee with 10 CPD points. Click here to find out more
4th March 2024 – 5th March 2024, 5th June 2024 – 6th June 2024
- Introduction to editing: Editing in ArcGIS Pro, editing tasks, what can you edit, creating, modifying, and deleting features.
- Preparing to edit GIS data: Lining up data, managing attributes, layer symbology for editing, app and project settings for editing, configuring ArcGIS Pro and your project for editing.
- Creating 2D features: Feature creation workflow, feature templates, group and preset templates, choosing a construction tool, managing feature templates, dynamic constraints, snapping, editing grid, creating attributes.
- Modifying 2D features: Modifying GIS data, feature modification workflow, modification tools, modifying geometry and attributes.
- Maintaining spatial integrity: Using map topology, geodatabase topology, comparing map and geodatabase topology.
- Editing annotation: Annotation, creating annotation, modifying annotation, using the attributes pane to modify annotation.
Completion of ArcGIS Pro 2 – Essential Workflows for ArcGIS Pro or equivalent knowledge.