Field Data Collection and Management Using ArcGIS
Efficiently collect accurate data that supports real-time decision making.
Learn how ArcGIS supports a complete field data management workflow—from the office to the field, in the field, and back to the office. You will learn best practices to configure and deploy ArcGIS field-productivity apps to meet your data-collection needs. You will have the opportunity to use your own iOS or Android device to complete some course exercises.
Please note this course requires delegates to bring either an Android or Apple Smartphone. Windows phones are not supported.
Continuing professional development (CPD) is an integral part of applying for and maintaining Chartered Geographer accreditation. Attendance of this course will provide the attendee with 10 CPD points. Click here to find out more
14th March 2024 – 15th March 2024
- Preparing for ArcGIS field apps: Field activities overview, which apps support your field activities, the geoinformation model in ArcGIS, input data for ArcGIS field apps, controlling access with groups in ArcGIS Online.
- Preparing feature layers for field apps: Decision factors for data capture field apps, field app deciding factors, choosing a data capture app.
- Improving data collection efficiency in field apps: Workflow to prepare data for publishing.
- Creating a web map for field apps: Publishing options for web maps for field apps, publishing a web map for field apps with ArcGIS Pro.
- Updating feature layers with ArcGIS Field Maps: ArcGIS Field Maps benefits, how the ArcGIS Field Maps interface uses domains, how relationship classes are used in ArcGIS Field Maps, workflow to update a feature layer.
- Managing fieldwork with ArcGIS Workforce: ArcGIS Workforce benefits, ArcGIS Workforce components, ArcGIS Workforce roles, role capabilities in ArcGIS Workforce, assignments for your organisation, life cycle of an assignment in ArcGIS Workforce.
- Creating smart forms with ArcGIS Survey123: ArcGIS Survey123 benefits, components of ArcGIS Survey123, workflow for ArcGIS Survey123 web app, ArcGIS Survey123 component functions, creating smart surveys with XLSForms, preparing to use a feature layer in a survey.
- Updating a feature layer with ArcGIS QuickCapture: ArcGIS ArcGIS QuickCapture benefits, relevant real-time observations, how buttons are created in ArcGIS QuickCapture app, preparing data for ArcGIS QuickCapture project, ArcGIS QuickCapture app.
- Organising your field activities with ArcGIS Dashboards: ArcGIS Dashboards benefits, ArcGIS Dashboards elements, sources of data for ArcGIS Dashboards configuration settings for elements, which configuration setting for which functionality?
Attendance of our An Introduction to your ArcGIS Online Subscription course or equivalent working knowledge.
Esri UK & Ireland will provide the following software to use during class:
- ArcGIS Pro 2.x (Standard or Advanced).
- ArcGIS Online.
- ArcGIS Dashboards.
Please download from App store:
- ArcGIS Field Maps.
- ArcGIS QuickCapture.
- ArcGIS Survey123.
- ArcGIS Workforce.