Getting Started with LiDAR
This one day course will provide you with the necessary skills for working with lidar data within ArcGIS Pro. The course uses a combination of lectures, demonstrations and exercises to process different lidar file formats supplied by the UK’s open data portals, especially data provided by the Environment Agency.
You will learn how to process lidar files representing Digital Surface Models and Digital Terrain Models as well as defining a workflow for processing and managing point cloud data within a LAS Dataset. Finally, you will learn how to share your data products and analysis to your portal.
Course attendees should have proficient ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online skills (or equivalent knowledge) which can be gained by attending any of the following courses:
Introduction to ArcGIS Pro for GIS Newcomers
Introduction to ArcGIS Pro for ArcGIS Professionals (now retired)
Migrating from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro
11th December 2023, 4th March 2024, 21st May 2024
- What is Lidar: What is lidar, applications of Lidar, the Lidar system, Lidar returns, Lidar formats, tools for processing Lidar data.
- Managing surfaces with mosaic datasets: Introducing the geodatabase mosaic dataset, workflows to manage the mosaic dataset, working with functions and the raster function editor.
- Working with point clouds: What is a point cloud, what is a LAS dataset, creating a LAS dataset, the optimised LAS format, symbolising LAS Datasets.
- LAS dataset tools: LAS dataset ribbon, editing LAS file values, ArcGIS Pro classification tools.
- Working with Lidar in the ArcGIS Platform: Lidar in ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Online surface tools; publishing a local scene containing Lidar data, client applications.
Course attendees should have proficient ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online skills (or equivalent knowledge) which can be gained by attending one of the following courses:
“Course felt well structured, with plenty of potentially useful background information about the subject matter. The exercises were very well scripted and were practical.”
Morris Jones – Direct Line Group
You may also like…
An Introduction to ArcGIS Pro for GIS Newcomers£995.00 Select options
Migrating from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro (replacement for Intro to ArcGIS Pro for GIS Professionals)From £915.00 Select options
ArcGIS Pro: Working with 3D Analyst Extension£1,020.00 Select options
An Introduction to your ArcGIS Online Subscription£955.00 Select options